Sunday, April 18, 2010

I joined an Indian classic rock cover band?

Yes. Really nutty. Really weird. I’m playing keyboard with a drummer, bassist, and two guitar players. Everyone is a thirty-something old guy with long hair save the one Indian emo kid. Then there’s me. Token white dude. We just had a show last night at “World of Wonders”. It’s an amusement park that got built halfway then opened for business. Even on a Saturday night it was a pretty sparse crowd. But we had a few moments where some people gathered to listen. With a set list comprised mostly of Dire Straights and CCR, (all delivered by our lead singer/bassist, oldish Japanese guy whose name I don’t know) we played for about two and a half hours. A few of my friends of the program came to the show which ended up making it worthwhile. Although, it was kind of depressing to play bland versions of Men at Work to disinterested looking audience members. Although, on the up-side, there was a man with a video camera moving about the stage and apparently he works for a local TV network. So, I may have unknowingly given my first televised performance. Weird thought.

Pictures and video to follow. For now, I have to get ready for a return trip to Rishikesh. Ganges River bathing and Beatles ashram take two. Action.

No comments:

Post a Comment