Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Psychadelhi

I'm sitting in the program center and it's the beginning of the second full day in India. New Delhi is a sensory overload. The traffic is liquid chaos, the people are constantly on the move, and the heat and dust of the city permeates every shop and stall. I'm still getting acquainted with myself in this new, novel part of the world, but I'm pleased with the auspicious start I've had (feeding bananas to an elephant with a soundtrack provided by a live Indian wedding band). I can see why India has become a creative Mecca of sorts for artists of all mediums. I can feel already the grit and vibrance of this place beginning to affect my mind and spirit. More updates (and pictures!) to come within the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. Ben, I'm pretty sure i'll be visiting India next week. hit me with your phone number and maybe we can meet up.

    ReplyDelete