Friday, February 5, 2010

Shoppin' Spree

A bit of rare downtime in Delhi. Thus far orientation has been very fast paced and busy. The girls in the group have gone out shopping for Indian saris and other clothing. The boys are going out a bit later but elected to hang out a bit and play some ping pong before venturing out to get our own tailored formal wear.
We had our first exam in Hindi today which *ahem* could have gone slightly better. At least shows me I need to spend some more time really memorizing the script before I'll be able to read and write it effectively. However, the instructors are sympathetic to all of us for having a rough start and are confident we'll improve.
The next two days are just filled with anticipation of the homestay. We arrive on Sunday with our families which will begin the usual routine that I'll be getting used to. Quite ready to see my living situation. Still have yet to procure a sitar although I'm sure that once i have a "homebase" and fall into a routine I'll have more time to be able to skip out to the instrument sellers section of Delhi and pick up some new toys.

Very excited for what is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment